Nick Steinsberger is leading Renaissance Oil’s efforts in the evaluation of petroleum shale development in Mexico by utilizing modern drilling and completion technologies he helped pioneer.
DRILLING AND COMPLETIONS ENGINEER
- 22 years experience in petroleum engineering, drilling, production, and surface facilities
- Completions Manager for Mitchell Energy and responsible for drilling of first 25 wells in the Barnett Shale, Mr. Steinsberger was integral to the growth of the company until its sale to Devon Energy for $3.1 Billion
- First to recommend and implement slick water fracs in the Barnett Shale, transforming it from a marginal play to one of the largest gas fields in the USA reaching peak production of 5.75 Billion Cubic Feet per day in 2012
- As horizontal team leader for Devon Energy, he designed the first horizontal completions in shales that are now used industry wide
- Completed over 900 wells in the Barnett Shale and 300+ in other petroleum plays across North America
- Bachelor of Science, Petroleum Engineering, registered Professional Petroleum Engineer, Texas